Health Benefits of Organic Almond Butter
Almond butter has many benefits, but we have to begin by saying that it tastes great and is a delicious alternative to peanut butter. Whether you spread it on toast or slather it on an apple, banana or stalk of celery, you’ll be won over by organic almond butter’s sweet, rich flavor.
Now that we've got that out of the way, let's take a look at some of the other benefits of almond butter and reasons why it's especially healthy food choice.
- Great Source of Protein: With 7 grams of protein in a 2 tablespoon sized serving, almond butter is a healthy way to get more protein into your diet, especially for vegans or vegetarians. Protein is essential for the regeneration and repair of bones and muscles as well as the production of sustained energy.
- Good Source of Fiber: Almond butter also supplies approximately 4 grams of fiber per serving. Besides supporting bowel regularity, fiber helps reduce the risk of heart disease and diabetes.
- Heart Healthy Food: The high monounsaturated fat content of almond butter helps reduce cholesterol and keep your heart healthy. Almond butter’s rich vitamin E, vitamin B2, calcium, magnesium and antioxidant nutrients also contribute to a healthy heart.
- Promotes Weight Loss: Almond butter’s high protein, high fiber and high healthy monounsaturated fat content helps support healthy blood sugar levels and healthy weight control. A snack of almond butter also makes you feel full longer.
- Beneficial to Prostate Health: Studies have found that the high sterol content of almond butter helps reduce enlargement of the prostate, which is good news for the millions of men who have to endure this condition. As little as just two daily teaspoons of almond butter can provide enough sterol to impact the prostate.
- Contains Blood Pressure Lowering Minerals: Calcium, magnesium and potassium, which are found in good supply in almond butter, all help in lowering blood pressure.
- Supports Healthy Cholesterol Levels: Almond butter supplies healthy monounsaturated fats that help lower bad LDL cholesterol and increase good HDL.
- Contains Electrolyte Balancing Minerals: Almond butter’s high levels of calcium, magnesium and potassium help to balance the body’s electrolyte level, which supports proper hydration and normal blood pressure, heartbeat and muscle contraction.
That’s not all, versatility is another reason almond butter is gaining popularity. You can spread like it peanut butter, use it as a base for sauces, soups and dressings or even as a flavoring in cookies and frostings.
Our Naturally Nutty almond butter is made only with organic almonds. This ensures that the almonds are grown without the use of pesticides, irradiation or bioengineering. Which means that you don’t have to worry about being exposed to chemical residues, radiation or anything genetically modified in our nut butters.
Naturally Nutty has taken organic almond butter one-step further with the creation of our Organic Vanilla Almond Butter and Organic Cinnamon Vanilla Almond Butter. Wow! These nut butters pack a flavor punch and will have you (and your kids) clamoring for more. What a great way to get all the health benefits of almond butter and keep the family happy at the same time! Dip into one of our homestyle smooth almond butters today!